Friday, April 3, 2009

Delta Spirit (I know I'm late)


















A friend recently turned me onto Delta Spirit, a cool band from San Diego whose songs are rich in melody and passion. They play a kind of alternative/country/blues music, with soulful lyrics. The band hasn't been on a major label, and doesn't really intend on being on one either.

Their album 'Ode to Sunshine' came out last August and is a collection of memorable tunes with a unique style.

I've been told that the band is pretty entertaining live, as the dudes in the band go all out for their performances. I hope to see them some day.

Here's a video of them at the Troubadour.



Check 'em out if you like quirky indie music similar to the Decemberists (but with more energy). They kinda remind me of that band.

No comments: