Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's About Time!





....that this happened.



Robert Downey Jr hasn't done any wrong so far into his career renaissance that started with Iron Man and continued through Tropic Thunder (where he was incredibly awesome), so this looks like it'll continue that trend.

Apparently this movie is based on a graphic novel interpretation of the Sherlock Holmes story, instead of being based on the Arthur Conan Doyle books, so this should be jam-packed with stylistic flourishes and shaky-cam action sequences. In fact, after viewing this and other trailers for the film, it looks like a big flashy action pic, which is not exactly what I would have envisioned a Sherlock Holmes movie to be. Because of that, this looks pretty fun.

I wonder if he will find any time to actually solve mysteries between wooing Rachel McAdams and boxing in some sort of underground Fight Club, as seems to be the case in the trailer....

I'm puzzled by Jude Law as Watson, but it seems like an interesting on-screen combo....Rachel McAdams as the female love interest (obviously) in the film is interesting as well, as I haven't heard much from her in a year or so.

So yeah, I hope this movie is as badass as it looks in this trailer....if it isn't I'll be disappointed. I guess we'll find out for real on Christmas Day.

But so far, so good.

No comments: