Friday, October 16, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

Maybe it’s just me, but I have been waiting for this movie to come out for months. I had movietickets.com open daily to check when the midnight tickets went on sale. I searched the internet for hours to find the perfect onesie pajama (unfortunately they were backordered by the time I found the one I wanted so I didn’t have it last night http://www.theirongategallery.com/Wild-Things-Wolf-Pajamas_p_592.html ). I made a special trip to Barnes and Noble to read the book so I had a fresh memory of what happened. Basically, I prepared myself to be disappointed.

I went to the theater last night really excited and ready for a seriously amazing movie, but in the back of my mind preparing myself for disappointment. The crowd certainly did not disappoint, dozens of people dressing up as Max and there was even a guy dressed up in a huge wild thing outfit (the head alone was bigger than me). When we all got in the theater and the clock struck 12 a guy stood up and yelled “Let the wild rumpus start!” to which the whole audience erupted in cheers.

Anyway, getting to the movie. It was amazing. One of the most heartfelt and touching movies I’ve ever seen. I never cry at the movies, but this one had me really close and brought several of my friends and my twin brother to tears. From the opening scene to the last scene you can’t help but love Max and everything he does. Even when he is being mean to his mom, like when he stands up on the counter and yells, “Woman! Feed me!” you just laugh. I think the only thing I didn’t like about this movie was his magical ability to find his way home at the end, but I can live with that. Seriously, everyone needs to see this movie. I promise you you will love it. If you don’t, there’s something wrong with you.

No comments: