Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Battle of the Socal Amusement Parks

My best friend Olivia always has friends from New York coming to visit her during the summer.  Whenever they visit, a big discussion of which amusement to take them to arises.  No matter what, my mind always races to 6 Flags.  I think that is one of the greatest amusement parks ever.  For some reason my friend Olivia is obsessed with always taking her friends to Universal Studios, because she thinks THAT is the greatest amusement park.  (In my eyes, that isn't even an amusement park.) So I was just thinking about the different appeal for all the major socal amusement parks.  There's 6 Flags Magic Mountain, Universal Studios, Disneyland, and Knott's Berry Farm. 

I know Disneyland is usually the first choice people choose, but honestly, I can barely stand going there.  The only time I really had a lot of fun there was when I got to go for grad night and we were there from around 11pm to 6am.  It was filled with only high school seniors, there were hardly any lines, and it was night time so it wasn't hot outside at all.  But every other time I go, it's crowded with thousands of people, which means waiting in line for hours.  I once won tickets to Disneyland, so me and my friend Alex decided to go on a Thursday.  We were there for 4 hours and only went on two rides; the lines were ridiculously long, not to mention it was boiling hot outside.  We decided to leave after our second ride.  I refuse to pay $72 for this.

Second choice to people I suppose would be Universal Studios. Yes, its interesting, and is a film studio, and has some of cool shows. But that's about it.  Where's the thrill and excitement?  The only fun ride left there is the Jurassic Park ride.  It made me so sad when they took out the Back to the Future Ride and turned it into The Simpsons Ride.  How could they change a classic?  It made be even more sad when they decided to take out the ET Ride.  I miss making up ridiculous name for ET to say at the end of the ride.  Everything else there consists of sitting down and watching shows, nothing you can ride anymore.  This park is $67.  Find a coke can and its maybe $52. Lame.

Third choice would probably be Knott's Berry Farm.  Yes, this is a very fun park.  I do like it, mind you the last 3 times I've been there has been for Knott's Scary Farm.  This is a park I do enjoy going to.  There are lots of rides to go on and shows to watch as well.  Though it does get reallllllly crowded, I'd still pay $52.

And for some reason 6 Flags is everyone's last choice! I don't understand this!  It's $26.99 with a coupon, has hardly any lines anymore (because for some reason people have stopped going), and has tons of roller coasters!  But I guess maybe this appeals to me so much because I'm a huge adrenaline junkie.  To me, 6 flags is the definition of an Amusement Park.  It has everything you could ask for. 

So I don't know if it's just me that prefers 6 flags, but I really find it to be the best one. 

No comments: